- “Body Image and Disfiguration in Allen Say’s Stranger in the Mirror and… “ (Published in The Looking Glass, Vol 15, No 1, 2011–an academic paper I wrote on how the characters in children’s picture books gain special powers and insight when they “transform”.)
- “Of Demons, Monsters, and Demonstrations” in ParABnormal Magazine, December 2019
- “Spec-Fic-Fu: How to Make Aliens and Robots Fight Better” in SFWA Blog, April 20, 2021
- “What Olaudah Equiano Teaches 21st Century BIPOC Authors About Self-Representation” in Bookish Brews, August 9th, 2022
- “Spec-Fic-Fu 2: Weapons!” in SFWA Blog, Forthcoming in November 2022
- “The Forbidden Books of Da Lin Monastery” (Banned Books Week 2017 at Cast of Wonders, Episode 272, (September 29th, 2017–my first sale–I’m the narrator for this podcast!)
- “Under the Super Harvest Blood Moon” (Spaceports & Spidersilk, January 2019 issue)
- “Tapestry of Tradition” in Five Minutes at Hotel Stormcove (May 7th, 2019–first anthology sale!)
- “In the Night City” in Young Explorer’s Adventure Guide, Vol 6 from Dreaming Robot Press (December 10th, 2019)
- The Case of the Vanishing Spiderbot” in Highlights for Children Magazine (February 2021)
- “Victorian Velociraptor With Violets” (online version) in Mad Scientist Journal, Winter 2020 (final print issue of this magazine!)
- “Finding the Center” in Diabolical Plots Year Six (August 3rd, 2020) This story got a nice Quick Sip Review! This story also got a recommendation in Locus Online by Karen Burnham! Update 12/31/2020: This story got a recommendation on Quick Sip Reviews 2020 Recommended Reading List!
- “Of Signatures and Contracts” in Community of Magic Pens (May 4th, 2020–anthology sale) This story got a lovely Quick Sip Review in 2/26/2021!
- “A DDREAM That Flies” in Brave New Girls: Tales of Girls Who Tech and Tinker (July 29th, 2020–illustrated anthology sale!)
- “Hatchi” in Translunar Traveler’s Lounge (August 15th, 2020) This story also got a nice Quick Sip Review!
- “Intergalactic Penpal Program” in Brave New Girls: Chronicles of Misses and Machines (July 2022–illustrated anthology sale!)
- “Heart of a Plesiosaur” in Diabolical Plots (July 2022)
- “Why Not?” in Highlights for Children Magazine (November 2022)